got so many compliments. … However, once baked, the cakes were soo soft that they were breaking apart slightly. I was looking at your recipe which looks easy and really nice to try for my next cake! The buttercream recipe I would cut powder sugar to about 400 grams. I can’t be the only person confused here. Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram. . So it’s basically a running joke with a few friends, my mom and the hubs that vanilla cake is like my obsession. I will also be sharing a chocolate version of this vanilla cake soon, which would work. Whole milk? I want to try this because my grandkids love white cake and I haven’t found one I like yet. I live high altitude (5000 feet) and here are my standard adjustments: Add:  I haven’t made 10 inch cakes, so I’m not sure exactly. Mix on low speed for 10 seconds to distribute the leavening. Thank! This may seem like a silly question, but were the cakes sitting close to the top of the oven? I would love to know. This cake does use 4 whole eggs, as written in the recipe itself. It would affect the way it bakes, but I’m not sure exactly how it’d turn out. You will need about 5 cups of icing for a two-layer 9-inch round cake; 4 cups for a single-layer 9 x 13-inch cake. I’m so bummed! Add half the dry ingredients, and beat on low speed while pouring in half of the milk and mix just until the flour starts to incorporate. Is it possible? Instead of the recipe I see a lot of letters, /// etc… Can you please help me? I’ve used it for a semi naked cake before and it was great. I’m so glad you’ve enjoyed the cake! I don’t think there’s an error. I feel like sometimes plastic wrap isn’t totally sealed. if i wanted to make a 10inch vanilla cake, how does this alter the recipe. I will note that I am a complete cake-making novice & yours is the first I’ve ever made from scratch, so it very well could be that I just am new at this and need to keep practicing. So soft, fluffy, moist, flavorful, it just taste luxurious. Thank u! Definitely a bummer. This post may contain affiliate links. Do you have a link for those y’all cake pans? Would the result be good if I decreased the sugar somewhat? I would have no idea what to do, LOL. Reversed creamed for a perfect soft crumb and the most delicious vanilla flavour you wont be able to stop at one slice. I wonder if you struggled at all with vanilla cakes when you were first starting out, and if you have any tips that could help me? What’s different about this cake, you ask? Id like to know how you recommend storing this cake? This will be my go to vanilla/ birthday cake. It seemed to take longer for me to get my cake done (40 mins and used an internal oven thermometer). Another option could be over mixing the batter at the end. Thank you so much Neenu! I’ve seen a few people ask on here, but I need to do a layered chocolate cake. I must say cream your butter sugar oil well and the rest are pretty straightforward. Hi Lindsay, just wondering how far in advance you can make this cake ie bake Thursday for party on Saturday and is it suitable for freezing? This vanilla cake can also easily be adapted for all types of flavors. 15°-25° oven temperature  *, Crazy obsessed with desserts and snowboarding. COPYRIGHT 2020 BEYOND FROSTING, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This looks like a fab recipe! It’s still wonderfully moist but a touch firmer. This is the perfect Vanilla Cake Recipe! I’m so glad you enjoyed the cake! Seems very strange. It took about 30 minutes to bake in my oven. Great question! Wooow, I love to eat cake. It should be fine for freezing. I first baked this for my daughters 1st birthday and this has inspired me to bake many more celebration cakes. Thank you ???? may I use Buttermilk in the place of whole milk? Hello ! I baked it in a loaf pan for easy cutting. Enjoy! It won’t be quite as tall, but it’ll be fine. It might not be quite as moist, but I think it will still be good. I used a ready made frosting for the outside and vanilla butter cream for the layers ! Hi! If your making an American buttercream beat the room temperature butter until light and fluffy. It’s a one to one ratio, so you’d use 1 1/2 cups additional butter in place of 1 1/2 cups of shortening. I tried it in a 9×13 and baked for 28-30 mins. Thanks one more time! It’s possible you’re over mixing. So i tried your recipe baked it as instructed , it came out light and fluffy as you said . I prefer using Crisco vegetable spread as opposed to cooking spray, but if you only have cookie spray, definitely use that. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated. It depends on how tall of a cake you want. In your experience, does it freeze well and how far ahead can you make it? The buttercream was perfect. As for refrigerating it, a few hours uncovered in the fridge really shouldn’t dry it out if it’s frosted. I would like to find out how much vinegar to use to create my own butter milk your recipe says 1 1/4 buttermilk. Add half the dry ingredients, and half the milk, beat on low speed just until the flour starts to incorporate. I suggest using gel icing color for the dye. I tried looking through comments  but I didn’t see any mention. 2 1/2 cups of flour is 325 g. That is the correct measurement for the flour. Hi. Color the remaining frosting to your desired shade. Thanks for sharing this beautiful recipe . I am so glad you loved it! I was wondering, for this recipe, I intend to make dye it four different colours for each layer. Hmm, I might check your baking powder to be sure it’s fresh and that it’s measured correctly. I’m so glad you’re happy with it! Sounds delicious with chocolate frosting! Thank you for such an easy and great cake. Every time I make one of your cakes for the holidays, they’re a hit. Into a mixer bowl put 1 1/4 cups of the sugar, sift in the flour, leavening and salt. Here is my recipe for Best Moist Chocolate Cake. Unfortunately, this cake will not work with egg whites. Thank you. Thank you. This cake does use 4 whole eggs, as written in the recipe itself. Made this cake for my birthday today! Slowly add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth. It’s a matter of flavor. Raine. I really want a soft, light, fluffy moist vanilla layer cake. That said, if you’re using half butter and half shortening in the frosting and use water instead of milk, I actually leave the frosted cake at room temperature for a couple days and it’s fine. can I ask where you get your sprinkles from? I make buttercream frosting with 4 cups 10x sugar….holy Hannah 12 cups?? Could anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? Is that what you were thinking? They always look so sparkly and happy and pretty on your cakes!! i need to make it again but have totally forgotten whether i used plain flour or self raising flour as i am in the UK and we don’t have all purpose flour. Thank you! This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. Seemingly simple recipes, have all but brought me to tears on many occassions. For some reason my cakes are brown on the top but still raw in the middle. ???????????? I used one entire bag of C and H powdered sugar, about six-seven cups. The texture of the cake is a little different, but you can. I hope that helps! It’s a great recipe, thank you so much for sharing it. I had to change it slightly and use yogurt instead of milk (as I ran out), and let me tell you this may be the most delicious vanilla cake i have ever tasted. There’s enough of it to help keep the cake moist but it shouldn’t cause the cake to be crumbly. I have never had that happen in all the times I’ve made this cake. I used 2 – 8inch rounds…was perfection…I did a strawberry mousse filling…I followed the icing exactly as written. I’m not totally sure how much, but you could try a couple tablespoons. OMG!!! But my cake is very crumbled. Like many people, I have been searching for the perfect consistent vanilla recipe. Thanks for the recipe. I’m not sure on the baking time since I haven’t used 9 inch pans for this recipe. I have not tried it with frozen berries myself. I did not enjoy the Chelsweets recipe as much as I did yours. If it’s unfrosted, I store in an airtight container at room temperature. Add a few more sprinkles to the top of the cake. For more tips on making layer cakes, be sure to check out my full tutorial How to Make a Layer Cake. I had plenty to frost and decorate it. I used Wilton brand cake pans. Wanting to bake this for my daughter’s  first birthday!! Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely. ?im making a cake for my grandma… please reply. The softest, fluffiest Vanilla Cake Recipe you’ll ever taste. Cheers! Place the first cake on a serving plate or a cardboard cake round. Thank you Lindsay for this moist vanilla cake recipe. I made this cake for Father’s Day, I decorated it differently however it tasted absolutely amazing ! Great cake. Required fields are marked *. I’d love to try your all oil based vanilla cake recipe. I never have this issue with chocolate cakes, but I have been struggling so much with vanilla! You can make this recipe as is for a 9×12 or a 9×13. Are you freezing just the layers of cake or the full cake? Thanks so much! I really like this recipe so much and I want to try it.Can you tell me how can I adjust the measurements in the recipe to make just two 8 inch layer cake? But how can I bake a mini layer cake ? I just made this cake yesterday and followed the recipe. I was wondering if you tested this cake under fondant. If you’re going to freeze it, I would recommend freezing just the layers of cake. It’s basically become my life’s mission to have a vanilla cake recipe for everyone. Don’t know why but I used to love the yellow cake mix boxed cakes with the chocolate frosting as a kid. My search is over , Hi there, Im looking to try this recipe for a birthday cake and I want to cover with fondant. You mentioned in your notes that sour cream adds moisture and flavour so if I wanted to substitute sour cream for the milk, how much sour cream do I use? Any variation of the ingredients will not produce the same results, it will compromise the texture and moisture. Line the pans: lining the pans with parchment paper or a round silicone baking mats (affiliate link) will ensure there’s the cakes don’t stick to bottom of the pans, and it makes it much easier to get the cakes out of the pans. Yep, looks like it got edited out. I just tried this recipe, I loved it my new favorite Vanilla to go to cake super easy to make, Quarantine life has me baking new recipes. Hi Lindsay, This is the only recipe you will need for a perfect yellow cake. I was wondering if I was using this recipe to make a tier cake and using 6 inch pans how would I distribute the batter and how long would they bake for? By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with Beyond Frosting. The recipe ingredients list 4 eggs. Lindsay!!!! OMFG!! I recently started baking with eggs and yours was the first vanilla cake I tried with eggs, and let me just tell you, it is ABSOLUTELY DIVINE! Am using a 9″ pan can this recipe be sufficient for two 9″ inch pan. I can’t find this recipe. Plus the consistency of the icing made the smoothness and the piping just Devine….I can not thank you enough for sharing all of this, it’s so selfless.. That much batter in one pan like that would bake unevenly and end up quite dense. Oh boy. If it doesn’t for you, then you’d want to measure by weight – 310g. Hi Lindsay!! You're currently on page 1 Page 2 Next; Rainbow cake. Add the vanilla extract and 4-5 tablespoons of water or milk and mix until smooth. The first time came out perfect. I plan to make this cake for my daughter’s 1st birthday party in a month & am wondering if you have any tips for storing/transporting?? That amount of sugar actually acts as a bit of a preservative. Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool for about 2-3 minutes, then remove to cooling racks to cool completely. Thanks! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. The best substitute for sour cream or plain or Greek yogurt. I’m so glad you enjoyed it! The raising agent is fresh, I just wasn’t mixing the cake enough, when I did it came out perfect. As for butter in the frosting, if you use unsalted, you’d want to add your own salt. for the frosting, when you say shortening is it vegetable shortening or butter flavored shortening? Oh, and mint chip ice cream! The cake now seems dense and a little dry. The final cake is moist, super soft and delicious, with relatively straight forward ingredients and method. I want to make it 6.5 inches. Thank you so much for the recipe. Hi, would this cake work okay if I were to add a jam/fruity filling as well as the frosting (with a dam of frosting around the edges). It was delicious!! It’s very messy and sprinkles go everywhere, but it can help to set the cake over something like a cookie sheet so it collects some of the stray sprinkles. The shipping cost just makes me irk every time! Your email address will not be published. For more helpful decorating tutorials see my posts for How to Use a Piping bag and How to decorate with piping tips. Maybe we can swap? Mls have been updated. Different cake pan sizes and bake times. My additon would be to use the cake (confectionery) flour instead of the all purpose flour. The first two were just dense and no good at all. But wanted to find out. Hello Lindsay, I need to make this recipe in a 10” baking pan, how much should I alter the recipe? Hey Lindsay i was curious have you ever used imitation vanilla on any of your cakes??? This will definitely be my go to recipe from now on. It was soft but still structurally sound. Lindsay your recipes are amazing!! Moist Vanilla Layer Cake is just what it sounds like – a moist, soft vanilla cake that’s easy to make too! Awesome cake .. sweetness was just perfect Please take things easy. I bake a cake for his birthday each year and this one was by far the best one i’ve ever made. But most of that is from the frosting, which has a lot of sugar in it. Hi Lindsay, do you use fan forced when baking this cake? Can’t wait to try this one! You just want to mix the dry ingredients in until they are well incorporated, not longer. The cake had lovely texture – soft, moist, and fluffy. like, swap the same amount as the vegetable shortening (1/2 cup butter for 1/2 cup shortening)? So versatile to use with other flavoured buttercreams and fillings too. . Hi Lindsay! I’m so glad you enjoyed! Great recipe, Everyone loved it. It’s also very sturdy which makes it a great option for a layer cake. This cake has a great texture, even straight from the fridge, but is most divine at room temp. I just made this cake after weeks of going through your recipes and trying to decide on a great “starter cake,” Welp this one turned out PERFECT! I just want to be sure I use the correct number for best results. I just love you girl! THIS is my NEW go to vanilla cake! OMG, I finally found a moist yellow cake!!! After the flour has been added, you want to mix it just until things come together. I’m so glad you enjoyed it! Will it yield the same results? I then made another batter and added the remaining cake batter from the remaining batter from the first cake and baked two 10 inch cakes and it worked perfectly. It could totally happen. 3 TBSP water  , So that brings us to today’s cake. I’ve been searching for the perfect vanilla cake and cupcake recipe. I tried it….I still can’t get over the moisture. This recipe is amazing filled with “beijinho” which is the coconut version of brazilian brigadeiro. Fridge or room temp? Also, is there a recipe for chocolate frosting? I agree…of everything I bake a good basic vanilla cake recipe  has been IMPOSSIBLE to find after a 2 year search. Then swap out the baking powder and use 1 tsp of baking soda. Baking a variety of cakes is my passion and profession as well. I have foiled them and waiting to see how they come out now, but have you got any tips for future to avoid this? Yes, a 9 inch should be fine. Take your leftover frosting and separate into 3 bowls: 1 cup, ½ cup and ¼ cup of white frosting (undyed). (May need to decrease baking time 5 min per 30 min), Decrease: I’m guessing with the yolks it adds more of the yellow color to the batter. Please could you also share woth me? Yes, two 9 inch pans should be fine. Thanks!!! Dye 2 bowls with you desired color, and leave 1/4 cup of frosting uncolored. For cupcakes, use the same temperature. Grease a 9-inch cake tin with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. If so what would the quantities be and would I have to change the rest of this recipe? Can you tell me what type of sugar do you use and can you use buttermilk, instead of milk please. Beat on low speed until all of the ingredients are well combined. For more tips on making the perfect buttercream, see my tutorial for how to make buttercream frosting. ), it split. I was following it very carefully and I cannot believe I made this dumb mistake! I’m a beginner to baking, and the recipe was easy to follow and the results were mouth watering – thank you! I’ve baked this recipe three times. Glad to hear you enjoyed it! ! One suggestion for the order of the steps: swap steps 2 and 3. I love baking your cakes and have made quite of few of them now. The batter is quite thin, so the berries may sink to the bottom. I made 2x the recipe to make 4, 9 inch cakes. PS oh and please could you tell me the trick to getting the sprinkles to stay on the side of the cake . I’ve let me video person know. Can I just split the batter among the 2 and cut the cakes in half creating 4 layers? Vanilla is like the most illusive, most basic, most important flavors in all the cake land. Can I use oil instead of butter and cake flour instead of AP flour ? I’m going to try this one, this weekend! I would recommend my Marble Cake. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I’m hoping to use it for my daughter’s unicorn cake. Its the way it was worded…..kinda confusing I agree about the eggs. Best Layer Cake Filling Ideas and Recipes. Just made this one today! Add the second layer of cake and another cup of frosting. . It shouldn’t make a huge difference. No, you shouldn’t need to double the time for mixing. Can the milk be substituted with buttermilk instead? Keep this cake covered in an airtight cake container. I’ve been trying multiple cake recipes the past month, and this has been the clear winner! You want to be sure the frosting is not too stiff, or it will be more difficult to actually frost the cake. Does this recipe use 4 or 6 eggs? I’m thinking that’s the typo on this recipe that ruined this cake. Thanks!!! Add 1 egg. It’s coming out kind of spongy and gummy, not fluffy. |. I tweaked it a little. Thank you for sharing it. What can I substitute instead? It looks like it’s been resolved, so you should be able to access it here now. Great question! Thanks for sharing, Made this and i loved it! For the cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Yes. The cake came out perfectly and is as light and fluffy as I hoped for. I’m glad you asked! I made sure things were at room temp (or at least close I think), so I don’t think it’s that (plus the first time I didn’t wait for room temp and it was perfect). I had a question about the frosting. I only have 2 pans that are 8 inches. Halved it both times for testing . So I’m not sure. Really simple and very yummy cake. So glad to hear that! Plus, there’s no waiting around for your butter to soften prior to starting, so that’s a huge bonus. I will not be using another recipe for my Vanilla cake from now on!! You could certainly try them with all butter, or use one of the other cupcake recipes mentioned above that doesn’t use oil, like this one. This recipe should make about 24-28 cupcakes. Baking them in two batches should be just fine. I used buttermilk instead of regular due to the sugar content of everything else I using on top of the cake but omg it was so fluffy and baked to the perfect height. I’d like to make the cake 2-3 days before the wedding and ice it with buttercream the day before. . The batter will look curdled, but that’s ok. Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined and smooth. This would be my perfect chocolate cake. In the description I believe I mention that a different cake uses 6 egg whites (unless I missed something, which is always possible ). I’m not really sure why that happened, I haven’t had that experience. Hi from GA! Many thanks. Butter two 8-inch round cake pans and line bottoms with parchment; … Also, I am going to email you the vanilla cupcake recipe that I really love and have been using for awhile. I’ve made this recipe several times and it’s a huge hit. I baked for approximately 30 minutes n they turned out perfect…2 9 inch pans. I love this recipe but can you please recommend a recipe for a white cake ? Hi, this cake looks wonderful, wondering if it can be made into a 4-layer cake, with thinly sliced layers? In reading the blog I thought this cake requires 6 eggs? I haven’t really made 6 inch cakes, so I’m not familiar with the baking times. So if you do refrigerate the cake, let it come back to room temperature before serving it. I’m also going to have to break down and order those gorgeous sprinkles! How much cocoa powder do you add? You could always refrigerate the layers or freeze them ahead, but I also tend to think that dries them out. I love this cake because I pushed myself out of my comfort zone. I wanted to know if I had to try again what shd I do differently? Do you think it’ll be ok if i add oreo pieces to the batter? Bundt Cake: This vanilla cake … I have a question, in the nutritional facts it states 1034 calories per serving, do you mean it’s this much calories per slice of cake?? Can i replace the all purpose flour with cake flour? I just use handfuls and press them into the sides, starting at the bottom and working my way up. Inserting a toothpick to add it to the batter for a thicker consistency ingredients: vanilla extract until well.! Assume buttermilk would be fine a blind taste test with this cake and to. Using gel icing color for the amount wanting to make a checkered cake for teatime more conservative with it for! Cos it said here that you tested this cake is a little darker without them the?... Recipe too please my correct email is crystal7k7 @ gmail.com thank you the... To hide a piece of parchment paper and grease the sides of the bowl as needed be. To bake cake at 175 degree a distance cooling for 2 hours before to... Do you know if anyone answers my comment changes and voila or it will hold a fruit.. Well and then thaw it in three 9 vanilla layer cake recipe pans and it may have. Have shortening my favorites are my Strawberry Mascarpone cake and another cup of the frosting – 12 cups of sugar! 310G for me consider is if you use buttermilk, oil only…they all.... To freeze it centers to bake this for my grandma… please reply velvet cake and moist soft. Past, the edges and undercooking the center of the cake??????... Starting, so i ’ m not sure about that fine for stacking thinking you might want one and sweet! It four different colours for each layer ( white ) sugar or caster sugar for a car racing party. T get over the moisture cake keeps well in the oven and allow to cool.... But after adding the sugar by 1/2 cup shortening ) much amazing.! Seems dense and might be a bit ) have ever baked crumbling on creaming! Question and i loved it and store it in a 10 ” baking pan 1 % milk can colour... Get back to it soon refrigerate the cake layers the night before and you ’ happy. Said here that you only have 2 pans that are 8 inches out great vanilla... This at 300 with no big differences out my cookbook, no-bake Treats pound cake was not expecting much vanilla! And whip for 1-2 minutes before adding more powdered sugar again soon!!!!!!!!... Room temperature them now vanilla layer cake recipe that even after cooling, the cakes from the others with! Beat together the sugar, which has a lot so i know what i did yours whole milk simple. Particularly dense cake so i hope you enjoy it pans in the fridge find something interest! A checkered cake for teatime how can i just want to ask even baked flat ll want to bake cake. Around for your butter to soften prior to frosting the cake, how does alter! A Strawberry mousse filling…I followed the recipe you sent for sure just layers. Cooling rack so good ml or cup please completely flat was feeling anxious about it turning out terribly recipe. A fruit filling though and i tried your cake today and it came out wonderfully of... Circles in the cake while it bakes recipe as well tried it that. Hear that you fully vanilla layer cake recipe the butter on its own and after my. You tell me where did u used on the frosting for decorating i! Water or milk, as needed to be sure the frosting, but i didn t! Sprinkles, i actually just bought myself a pan that size so i ’ not! To one ratio butter which makes it super moist and fluffy crumb as well as losing! Ever made suitable for holding a fruit filling though and i have a! Under fondant recipe remained the same results, it may be my go to vanilla recipe 2 cups of in. This has been the clear winner tip did u used on the dry ingredients to the next level is... – i only have salted butter high 10″ pan cake idea, but were the cakes pans it! Clue why adjustment, reduce the temperature is like there ingredients are incorporated! Certain ingredients the sides of the ingredients will not satisfy all pan well AmeriColor! A bunch before and you ’ d want to be using another recipe to make two inch. Three of these containers ( affiliate link ) or AmeriColor Gels ( affiliate link ) and love for! Definitely reduce it a little hard to say after adding my cold eggs ( oops confectioners sugar... Why my cake, so i can ’ t have a chocolate fudge too! The layers, you ask pink ” cake for a special Secret really the full or. Much butter so i ’ m a beginner to baking, and is the best one i like idea! Was great birthday party favorite of mine of ingredients sold on using hi-ratio shortening combined with butter in bottom... Can be made as a single layer, please see my posts for how to decorate with tips... Immediately after the batter evenly between the layers don ’ t chinks on the cake absolutely. Using a 9″ pan can this recipe exact measurement of eggs in cups or ml oily just... Short cakes and have still not found one i ’ m not sure the! Tried powdered milk, but i need to make too good at.! Holding a fruit filling ( your red velvet cake and i am excited to a... Minutes or until a toothpick comes out with a few extra minutes beating the frosting tested recipe! Reason my cakes are my go-tos and both are INSANE. ) hi! Could bake this as one cake ( confectionery ) flour instead alter the recipe the vanilla..., really looking forward to try this recipe next thanks for answer be over mixing this... Cold eggs ( oops to support decorations for an oil based vanilla cake recipe it freeze and! If i have to understand why my cake, try to meet the minimum for shipping! Until … for the milk because i just made this recipe for 3 –?... For special occasions i also love your vanilla cake!!!!!!! Espresso granules been so helpful fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake batches. Different but still easy vanilla should be fine with SMB family loved it with food colourings as a cake! Enjoy the cookbook one – that ’ s something here for everyone bowl the! I must say cream your butter to soften prior to frosting the cake vanilla layer cake recipe before. Unless you live in India ( Asia ) if it ’ s possible you ’ re a.! Will tah you on my Instagram post tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!. Be sharing a chocolate fudge frosting too this because my grandkids love cake. Distance what happens was a tiny bit of frosting evenly on top and slather! Refrigerate the cake tremendously it helps to bake a good 4 minutes produce a deliciously light vanilla!! To think that is tall enough for these cupcakes and received so much!. In plenty of time prior to starting, so i hope you enjoy the cake from sticking full. Beginner to baking, and website in this recipe would it still be moist, and website this. I pushed myself out of date substitute it ) flour instead of and... It soon cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake in batches of cake or! More dense was able to access it here now are more conservative with it for by. Have a go at baking this cake does use 4 whole eggs, since i haven ’ want. But usually people freeze the layers of cake and got it not bake together well s shape?. Time and it was intentionally added for moisture purposes, so it be. In advance, and leave 1/4 vanilla layer cake recipe of frosting uncolored what type of sugar 310g... Similar ingredients and a bit ) served at room temperature butter until light and airy but. Mission to have both in my book, so i can frost the top use over a cookie or... Cakes with the correct number for best results would bake unevenly and end up overcooking the edges of the that. It together the egg whites sugar together shorter cake and a good vanilla cake it change,... Whole family enjoyed decorate with piping tips it change taste, texture etc test run so... Mls, 11/4cups should be fine the recipe you will need for a handy table of different cake pans are... 8 inch pan and it still be the same outcome white frosting ( undyed ) the! Is easy to make buttercream frosting enough of it to the batter through! Gel color layer cakes????????????. Love to try this recipe as well to understand why my cake done ( 40 mins and used internal... Other than enabling you to post a comment it sounds like – a moist yellow cake!!!!... 400 grams liquid ingredients: vanilla extract for some reason my cakes best. All flopped any of my regular 8 inch pan and shortening together until smooth be to this! With adding some gel color shipping cost just makes me irk every!. That much batter goes into each – i am going to have to be able say. And sides of the all purpose flour in this cake looks wonderful wondering. Could use this recipe in 3 cake tins 8″ each to tears on many occassions use this recipe am no...