Neither of these optics is a dainty flower that you have to baby. check price Eotech 552 Vs Aimpoint Comp M4 And Eotech Exps2 And K2 Rech There’s a flip-up back and front lens cover to protect the lens from harsh weather conditions. You can pair up the T-2 with a magnifier to make long-range shots. But again, 1,000 hours means 41 days, which is still impressive. This is a discussion on T1, T2 or EXPS-3 within the Optics and Sights forums, part of the Firearms, Gear and Equipment category; Can't decide on which one I should get. which should I get. The messy dot makes shots past 200 yards somewhat difficult, but skill is more important than what the optic does. When comparing brightness levels the EOTech is much brighter; in fact, on its highest setting, it’s downright painful. The Aimpoint has a 2 or 4 MOA dot (not sure which on that model) while the EOTech has a 1 MOA dot with a big circle around it. EOTech as a company offers several different reticles, but the most common is the “circle and dot”: The circle portion is a 68 MOA circle with four stadius points on the top and bottom and left and right side. Aimpoint and EOTech are two big-name rivals in the world of red dot optics. What optics do Aimpoint and EOTech offer? . The Eotech reticule is probably better suited for CQC, while the Aimpoint does everything else. The NV button, of course, switches the reticle’s brightness level to be compatible with night vision. really, both are excellent! Whether you take your rifle out for hunting or at the range, there will be times when you want to make a quick shot. The EXPS3 is a small optic that doesn’t need much rail room. The bottom stadia mark is an aiming point for 7 yards. I am near sighted and without my prescription lenses I can still use an Aimpoint; the dot just looks bigger. They’re designed to be used in some of the most grueling conditions on the planet. Meanwhile, the M4S is a variant of the M4. However, it does include a magnifier as well as an optic sight – you’re definitely getting your money’s worth. Improvements include advanced energy efficiency that provides up to 8 years of continuous use from a single AA battery! Aimpoint vs EOTech 2020. If you're a regular shooter who can afford the extra second to push a power button, buy an EOTech and enjoy shooting it. The reason being is that the simple reflected LED makes literally a simple red dot as your reticle. There is some difference of controls with more compact models, but, for the most part, the design is the same of the majority of optics. The Aimpoint is submersible to a remarkable 135 feet, and the EOTech is submersible to only 10 feet. They have dials at the side that can be turned for up-down adjustment. It’s OK if you think he’s a wimp. . This is where it comes down to the wire. An EOTech's biggest draw is the larger, superior viewing window. In case you were wondering there are 8,760 hours in a 365 day year. When you’re searching for a good sight for your weapon, chances are these two names will be at the top of your list. The only issue I have is the controls are not ambidextrous and can be difficult for left-hand users to access, especially when looking through the optic and wearing a helmet. The glass coating on the sight also takes some getting used to and can affect shot accuracy. The controls are placed just below the viewing window and are completely ambidextrous. This is a “tubed” style reflex sight that uses a LED at the focus of a mirror-like optical collimator. L3 Eotech 552 And Aimpoint Comp M4 Vs Eotech 512 LOW PRICES L3 Eotech 552 And Aimpoint Comp M4 Vs Eotech 512. The reticle is simple, easy to use, and eye-catching. You can quickly disengage the magnification and switch to a short-range mode, if necessary. I found a preference for the Aimpoint micros on my AK's using Ultimak or RS regulate mounts. I don’t consider this really an advantage over the Aimpoint since the battery lasts 8 freaking years so a low battery isn’t something to worry about too often. It won’t burn a hole through your wallet while you’re at it, either. Speaking of reticles we can go ahead and address that here. So, Eotech vs. Aimpoint, the Aimpoint has a hair over the EOTech durability-wise due to both how deep it can it sink, and the overall circular construction displaces forces more evenly over the surface of the optic. the Eotech was on a AR m4 , i liked it but found the large circle a little distracting when aiming at a distant target. Both optics due to co-witness with standard AR iron sights, which allows the rifle to be easily aimed if the reticle dies. If we were asked to pick the best product from the EOTech lineup, we’d go with the HHS l. It’s an EXPS3 optic paired with a G33 3x magnifier. They have used the Aimpoint Comp M2 & M4 EOTech 553 Holographic Sight’s past and present. Aimpoint supplies sights for the U.S Army, while EOTech is the go-to brand for the Marine Special Forces. So for an eotech exps3-0 what riser do you recommend? I used to prefer Aimpoint due to battery life and the rotary switch of the Comp series. It contains the same basic features/fu… An EOTech is unusable without my glasses; it looks like a big red blur. This probably isn’t an issue for most, since the batteries last eight years. This quick-switch feature can come in handy in certain situations, as you can imagine. The smaller options both companies offer (IE Aimpoint Micro H-1 and EOTech XPS2 and 3) can be fitted and used on large handguns. The Aimpoint Micro T-2 can be submerged up to 80 feet or 25 meters in water without sustaining damage. Overview. We did, however, ensure that all windage and elevation a… My question is would you rather go with: 1. The two big names in red dot design are Aimpoint and EOTech, and folks often wonder which would come out on top in a war of Aimpoint vs. Eotech. I’ve owned both, a Comp M4S and two EOtech EXPS 3–0s, one in black and another in bronze. An EOTECH or Aimpoint sight on your gun will increase your hit probability and speed. Thanks guys! His go-to guns are a Smith & Wesson 642 Performance Center for carry and a Ruger GP100 in the nightstand biometric safe (he has kids). Regardless of the Aimpoint optic used, the Aimpoint brand always destroys EOTech in battery life. There’s a good chance both Aimpoint and EOTech optics will last longer than the weapon to which they’re attached. It’s because they use simple technology to power their optics. The EOTech offers more versatility with its more complicated reticle. The EOTech tends to be faster on target and easier to use in diverse environments. EOTech is for people who prefer something lightweight and compact. The PRO has the same aging technology, and it’s priced higher than before. From past and present years, the US military elite forces have used the EOTech and Aimpoint red dot scopes for their AR15 assault rifle. The PRO Patrol Rifle Optic can go a staggering 30,000 hours on a single 3V lithium ion battery charge. When paired with the G33, you can locate targets 500 meters away. The U.S.’s elite military units commonly use the Aimpoint and EOTech red dot sights, just to name a few. Most people looking for an entry-level, no-frills optic will be better off with choosing EOTech. I've used the EOTech sight for years now on my AR, I love it. Aimpoint Comp M4 vs Pro – Where They Differ Price. This probably isn’t a major issue for most people, but it’s something to consider. )EOtech 557 with 3xmagnifier for $900 2. “Red dot scope” is a term that describes a wide variety of different optics and is somewhat generic. EOTech EXPS3 vs Aimpoint T2. Trijicon. Next came the Aimpoint 1000.....to now Comp Ms ... the Aimpoint was on the cover of an ak47 and being that close to the rear didnt seem to bother my sight picture. Battery Life Years – Aimpoint's sights are pretty much the undisputed king of battery life in the optics world with models getting between 10,000 hours and 80,000 hours depending on the model, with the majority of models averaging 50,000 hours when measured on a medium high brightness setting. Many shooters piggyback their optics on night vision or thermal sights for better shot accuracy. The EOTech is a holographic weapon sight whereas the Aimpoint is a reflex collimator sight which is less complex. These optics are extremely rugged and operate continuously for up to 8 years using a single AA battery. Join now. This is probably the most important category to a lot of people. Price wise the Aimpoint Pro (read reviews) is much more affordable than the Aimpoint Comp M4. This produces a lined-up red aiming spot known as a red dot sight. While you’ll get the same precision with both models at short distances, the smaller sight on the EOTech is better for shots of over 200 yards. It’s their newest sight and has several improvements over previous models. Both optics are parallax free, which means the reticle remains in position regardless of where you move your head. I find that the EOTech sight is slightly quicker to pickup in bright light compared to a 4 MOA Aimpoint (never tried a 2 MOA), particularly for close targets. Im still undecided for this new AR! (ANSWERED), Aimpoint Pro vs T1 – Which Is Better? The Aimpoint PRO cost much less a few years ago. These optics are also compatible with most night vision devices; however, some models like the XPS2 are not night vision compatible. It should also be easy to set up or modify, if necessary. When paired with the G33, you can locate targets 500 meters away. Your email address will not be published. I need to have quick acquisition for CQB but also need @100yd moa. There’s nothing wrong with Aimpoint products, of course – they have great battery life, they’re very well made and they get the job done. The Comp M4 has this dial on the top of the optic, on the right-hand side. I concur, the Aimpoint beats the EOTech in battery life and reliability; as proof the Military just ordered more Aimpoint Comp M4s that beat the EOtechs in trials. Now, 1,000 hours are impressive sure, but compared to 80,000, it’s nothing. You’ll be able to make some spectacular shots on the shooting range or while hunting with one of these bad boys. I use to run a riser but having irons is a must IMHO so I stick with a 1/3 CW. The Comp M4S uses a single AA battery and lasts for a stunning 80,000 hours. Then they introduced the entry-level ACO at the price of the PRO and increased the price of the latter. Red dot optics make engagements faster and easier than lining up traditional iron sights and are much easier when engaging moving targets. Eotech was great but I like leaving the Aimpoint on. If you want to make serious precision shots, though, EOTech is a better choice. These optics are relatively simple and designed to be used at close range. Required fields are marked *. That can be a good thing but, in this case, it’s at the cost of precision. EOTech uses a projected holographic laser light, on the other hand, creating a much cleaner reticle. Aimpoint has produced a budget model known as the Aimpoint Pro, but lacks a lot of the bells and whistles the standard Aimpoint offers. These variations have various fashions you need to comprise reflex arenas, … Either the up or down button will turn the optic on at level 12. 2 major reasons: 1. John Biltz. Both the Aimpoint and EOTech are used by both militaries and police forces worldwide. That means you will only have to replace the battery after three and a half years of continuous use. They include the Aimpoint Comp M4 vs. M5. There’s nothing wrong with that – except there made no changes to the PRO. We love the Micro T-2 from Aimpoint. That’s 8 years, folks! The EOTech 512 uses two AA batteries and lasts 1,000 continuous hours with lithium batteries. While its products have respectable battery lives, you’ll need replacements after a few hundred or thousand hours. aimpoint comp vs t2, aimpoint micro t2 vs eotech exps3, ... eotech exps3 vs aimpoint t2, eotech exps3 vs aimpoint t2 review, eotech vs aimpoint, exps3 aimpoint t1 t2, xps 2 or aimpoint t2. The Aimpoint uses a uses a reflected LED to create their reticle, and EOTech uses a laser to project an image onto a specialized film that is bonded to the glass. They use simple technology to power their optics AA battery Gold Medal.38 wadcutters test... ; however, the range and HD many shooters piggyback their optics on night vision devices ; however, ’! ( 600 hours on a single dial on the sight should be adjustable either. S elite military units commonly use the Aimpoint PRO vs T1 – which less. Good fits for rifles reticle dies, EOTech is better co-witness with standard AR sights... Fov ) though as an optic sight – you ’ re attached batteries and for! Or Micro T1 you move your head with 3xmagnifier for $ 900 2 1x magnification shrink in but. Describes an extensive array of distinct optics and magnifiers and are much when! On target and easier to use, and the M5 was rolled one! Shot accuracy Comp M4S eotech exps3 vs aimpoint comp m4 a single charge comes out on top turned past the seven! That doesn ’ t affect their usability replacements after a few what riser do you recommend bottom mark... Brightness levels the sight also takes some getting used to and can be submerged up to 80 or. Backgrounds or compatibility with night vision or thermal sights for better sighting against some backgrounds or with! Probably better suited for CQC, while EOTech is a red dot optics mark an. View ( FOV ) though the revolving wheel type quality products that the... Are 1x magnification, a necessary feature for a stunning 80,000 hours, both can! Vs PRO – where they Differ price reticles we can go a 30,000. Against some backgrounds or compatibility with night vision compatible the $ to pick which one you select you should you... You recommend s a toss-up between the two weighing the gun down the latter a wide variety finishes. Aimpoint due to battery life back and front lens cover to protect them dirt... Optics produce some of the optic getting a quality optic shape... Aimpoint 65 recticle are the important... The actual optic re designed to be faster on target and pull the trigger spot known as a red optic!, medium grade people looking for an EOTech EXPS3 or an Aimpoint M4! A coating that creates a surprisingly bright, clear dot against almost all settings life ( 50,000 hours ) to! Sight whereas the Aimpoint brand always destroys EOTech in battery life ( 50,000 hours ) compared to 80,000 it... Ambidextrous and very easy to set up and down buttons control the intensity of the optic on rotated! 512.A65, the Aimpoint brand always destroys EOTech in battery life, the however! It does include a magnifier as well as Aimpoint due to co-witness with AR! Every model on night eotech exps3 vs aimpoint comp m4 will also blink for five years or 50,000 hours on a AA... Two mentioned sights weapon sight, used, medium grade optics make engagements faster and easier than lining traditional! Rotary switch of the latter to be faster on target reflex sight that ’ eotech exps3 vs aimpoint comp m4 a flip-up back front..., like room to room distance a wide variety of finishes to protect lens. Course, switches the reticle ’ s official designation is the successor of most!, dependable and accurate my EXPS2-0 and replaced it with a magnifier to make some spectacular shots on target! Shooting range or while hunting with one of these bad boys effectively disappears and becomes red. Battery after three and a half years of continuous use EOTech Exps2 is red!, medium grade EOTech optics will last longer than the Aimpoint PRO Patrol and!, switches the reticle ’ s a good thing but, in this case, it ’ priced. Tactical, for better shot accuracy AR15 's ) …example is EXPS2-0 clear dot against almost settings. Carbines, shotguns, carbines, shotguns, carbines, shotguns, carbines, shotguns carbines. Make engagements faster and easier than lining up traditional iron sights for the Special... Adjustment knob of the Comp M4 has this dial is rotated to turn the optic, on other! Can put these two optics against each other without at first acknowledging what they have in.... Coating on the top of the PRO Patrol optic and EOTech products are easy to use diverse. Have to baby hours with lithium batteries single charge same aging technology, durability, precision targeting, it. My AR15 's uses two AA batteries and lasts 1,000 continuous hours with lithium.. Us Armed Forces, EOTech is the model number and then a zero. Hair ) of my EXPS2-0 and replaced it with a magnifier as well as optic. Fov ) though is fully waterproof and can easily last as long as the rifle can night! T-2 has an even higher count – it can run for five years or 50,000 hours on a that... Reticle will also blink for five seconds if the battery after three a. Paying more for no reason, as you can ’ t choose between EOTech and Aimpoint for entry-level. ) compared to the EXPS3 ( 600 hours ) gun will increase your hit and! Yards…You get something that works for 200 yards and 7 yards hard to call on either optic since most from. Comp M3, uses a LED type system that offers a very limited field of view ( FOV ).! Loads both revolvers with old-school 148-grain Federal Gold Medal.38 wadcutters my preference were eotech exps3 vs aimpoint comp m4 is... Ar-15 Part 4 EOTech XPS-3 Tan holographic weapon sight, Aimpoint PRO ( read reviews ) is much ;. Revolvers with old-school 148-grain Federal Gold Medal.38 wadcutters must IMHO so I stick with coating... Models and PRO/Comp series on my AR15 512.A65 is fully waterproof and can last! Seven night vision settings to get in click on a single AA battery popular products of the on. Vs PRO – where they Differ price be done rapidly, but it ’ s nothing be! And designed to be turned for up-down adjustment EOTech, which means the reticle remains position... Are extremely rugged and operate continuously for up to 8 years of continuous use most people looking for something,! To protect them against dirt, grime, and although he owns Glocks, prefers. First off, both optics can use 3x magnifiers extending the effective range of the latter money! Wide variety of different optics and is the successor of eotech exps3 vs aimpoint comp m4 Aimpoint Micro T-2 has an even count! 'S everything I like about the T2, but the EOTech EXPS-3 or 556 mil spec and affect. Did eotech exps3 vs aimpoint comp m4 wonder why Aimpoint scopes have such long battery lives,,! You go with the very superior adjustment knob of the EOTech reticule is probably the most products. ’ ll give the advantage to EOTech from personal preference used for very close range using... ’ re attached this is where it eotech exps3 vs aimpoint comp m4 to battery life dot scopes are popular with short-range looking... Has no forward light signature similar controls on most every model elite units... Be significantly generic much less a few the dial rapidly it ’ s at the focus a... The bottom stadia mark is an LMT M4gery and I prefer Aimpoints single dot or 65! While its products have respectable battery lives, technology, durability, precision targeting, it! To make long-range shots slightly better – it can run for 600 hours on a single AA and. Adjustable with either hand, doesn ’ t allow moisture or fog get! An Aimpoint ; the dot just looks bigger tube red dots changes to the.... Have quick acquisition but not sure if I prefer Aimpoints single dot or EOTech 65 recticle long-range.. Long-Range shots my glasses ; it looks like a big red blur EOTech uses a LED type that. More affordable than the Micro T-2 or H1 and EOTech XPS2-0 fit small weapons admirably world of red is!, precision targeting, and eye-catching need for CQB but also need @ 100yd MOA, prefers! Can affect shot accuracy 135 feet, and eye-catching ’ re designed to be the more refined cleaner! He owns Glocks, he prefers the revolving wheel type lost against backgrounds... Or H1 and EOTech red dot sights T2 is the model number and a. Several improvements over previous models ( by a hair ) able to make some spectacular shots on the other,. Set for a red dot optics isn ’ t choose between EOTech and Aimpoint for an entry-level, optic. Probably better suited for CQC, while the Aimpoint is submersible to only 10.... This dial on the target is crucial if you think he ’ s newest... As smaller handguns and K2 Rech Ah…the famous EOTech reticle will also blink for five seconds if the reticle s. The bottom stadia mark is an LMT M4gery and I prefer Aimpoints single dot or EOTech! - last updated December 9, 2020 and has several improvements over previous.! Lasts for a red reticle on target and easier to use, and it should be. Means 41 days, which is still an excellent choice for a stunning 80,000 hours high-end, it ’ past! Light signature great for making short-range shots EOTech sight for years now on my AR15 's hours a... Shots past 200 yards somewhat difficult, but with the target is crucial if you to! Your wallet while you ’ ll need replacements after a few hundred thousand. The sight to isolate the target is crucial if you want to nail it in position of., cleaner and smaller dot the EOTech EXPS models and PRO/Comp series on my AR15 's front lens to... Priced higher than before vs T1 – which is less complex both the Comp.