Er führt entlang eines Sees und durch schönen Wald. It is 13 difficult miles from Crabtree campground, a large part of it uphill. DIFFICULT 3.8 mi. HIKING TO KENNEDY LAKE. About 148 miles. Hike to Camp Lake and Bear Lake in the Emigrant Wilderness Justin and I celebrated the 4th of July with a hike. When they wrote "The Bear Went Over the Mountain" they were in the Emigrant Wilderness. Agoserisretrorsa.jpg 1,704 × 1,703; 573 KB. We went there with my daughter Isia for a 3 night backpacking trip and found a beautiful wild country with many lakes and creeks and a very few people. EASY 2.2 mi. Bear cans are not required. Emigrant Wilderness is located 160 miles west of San Francisco. We looked over to see a brown bear tumble out of a tree, run up the slope, then climb up another tree. Time:9:00 am- 4:00pm Weather: Clear and Cold Water Level: Low Moon Phase: Full Moon on the next day. Leave Menlo Park at 7.30am. When: 2020/07/17 to 2020/07/19 Distance: ~26 miles. Maps: USGS Cooper Peak plus USGS Pinecrest. The lake is considered a premier destination for the Emigrant Wilderness. Bear Lake and Grouse Lake via Emigrant Wilderness Loop ist ein 13.8 Meilen langer, stark besuchter Rundweg in der Nähe von Pinecrest, Kalifornien. They can be obtained from any Stanislaus Forest ranger station. Aufgrund der Steigung und Distanz ist die Strecke als moderat einzustufen. Method: Slow figure of 8 retrieve, the washing line. The hike begins just past the parking lot and the general store. Anglers often spend a week there, working around its long shoreline. Backpacking Emigrant Wilderness Loops. Middle Emigrant Lake: 23 acres at 9335', 20 miles from the trailhead. Group cooking gear and bear-proof food containers. Took 2hr50min. And we are free to hike around in it without fear of crazy people hiding in the mountains. Media in category "Emigrant Wilderness" The following 58 files are in this category, out of 58 total. This glaciated landscape is perfect for the young, old or beginning backpacker seeking serenity for a few days. We day hiked out to Camp and Bear Lakes, in the Emigrant Wilderness section of the Stanislaus National Forest, on a car camping trip earlier this summer. Two-Night Trip to Emigrant Wilderness With Daniel August 29 '98. Gem Lake Loop. Contains rainbows and brookies, some in trophy size. A backpacking trek through the Emigrant Wilderness to Bear Lake is an ideal weekend adventure for city dwellers hoping to hit the trail on a Friday evening in the summer. Bear Lake sits just inside the Emigrant Wilderness nestled in a granite valley accompanied by a sea of conifers. Sonora, CA — A hiker was rescued with a CHP Valley Division Air Operations helicopter at Bear Lake in Tuolumne County’s Emigrant Wilderness. Die Route ist am besten von April bis Oktober zugänglich. Lows in the mid 40’s F. Highs around 80 F. Clear skies throughout the weekend. Drive to Me-Wuk Ranger station on 108, just beyond Twain Hart. Gotta love that in America, we have such scenic beauty!! Tuolumne County is a backpacker's paradise. Wilderness permits are required. It is bordered by Yosemite National Park on the south, the Toiyabe National Forest and the Hoover Wilderness on the east, and State Route 108 over Sonora Pass on the north. Campsites and all permits . Click RED DOTS for Trail Guide Info : Trail Guide Index. I've been here twice and have couldn't have been happier with my experiences. And again, not 30 yards away! Maps, miles, elevations of Mosquito Pass route off TYT to Emigrant, Bluebird, Maxwell Lakes. Emigrant Wilderness Topo Hiking Map The Hub of Trails radiating West to Kennedy Meadows, North to Sonora … Brown Bear Pass to Relief Reservoir . Chewing Gum Lake via Gianelli Trail. A few wild animals, perhaps, but that comes with the territory. Emigrant Wilderness is a protected area in California. This peaceful, alpine lake makes for a perfect one day getaway during the summer months and to escape the heat of the foothills. :-) This trip, we decided to go in to Granite Lake, which is sort of off-trail, though not by huge amounts. Crabtree Trail to Buck Lakes to Pine Valley Trail. The Blackbird Trail can be used as part of a long loop from Kennedy Meadows coming one direction on the Huckleberry Trail and returning via Brown Bear Pass or the Kennedy Lake Trail. 12 reviews of Emigrant Wilderness "Emigrants Wilderness is a great place for backpacking and/or day hikes. What Makes It Great. And they were leaving, after all. Snow Lake Trail is in the Emigrant Wilderness, part of the Stanislaus National Forest. Before the Storm 1 (8411526787).jpg 4,608 × 3,456; 3.67 MB. The lake is nearly 2 miles long with good camping on either end. Sonora Pass. Emigrant Lake Trailhead: Kennedy Meadows Distance: 13 miles Elevation: 6,300' - 9,400' Most backpackers take two days to make the 13-mile hike from the Kennedy Meadows trailhead to Emigrant Lake deep in the Emigrant Wilderness.A camp near Emigrant Lake makes a great base for exploring nearby lakes such as Buck Lakes, Long Lake, Huckleberry Lake, or Big Lake, or climbing peaks like … Took 101-San Mateo Bridge-580-120-108. Buck Lake Dam Loop. Kennedy Meadows Pack Station. Insects Observed: None Hours fished: ~1 # of fish caught: 0 at Camp, 0 at Bear . Get permit at ranger station. The Bell Fire is located in a remote area of the Stanislaus National Forest (STF) on the Summit Ranger District in the Emigrant Wilderness between the 8000 to 9000 ft level. Hiking Trails (31) Reviews (27) 1. A second bear! She's one of those athletic types, so we let her carry the stove and water filter to slow her down. OBSERVED: I was camping with my dad at Bear Lake in Emigrant National Wilderness. Emigrant Meadow Lake: 48 acres at 9404, 21 miles from the trailhead. But most of them were on their way out from Chewing Gum, Y Meadow, and Toejam Lakes. Vegetarian-friendly meals. The Emigrant Wilderness of Stanislaus National Forest is a wilderness area in the Sierra Nevada. We were a short distance from where we would be getting off the main trail to head towards Ridge Lake at the base of Granite Dome’s north face. It's only a 3.5 hour drive from San Francisco, and borders Yosemite. This moderately trafficked backpacking trail is about 15.5 miles round trip. It is an elongated area that extends northeast about 25 miles (40 km) in length and up to 15 miles (24 km) in width. Aug 31, 2020 - Tuolumne County is apart of the PCT Trail and the John Muir Trail. Resupply. 6. all maps: Weather. Continuing on, we stopped for lunch a little after noon. But it lasted for about two hours. EASY 4.4 mi. ~4k’ elevation gain and loss Conditions: Great! Our first clue was the more than fifty cars at the trailhead. The Hike: Piute Lake (Emigrant Wilderness in the Sierra Nevada mountains) Trailhead: Crabtree (In and out with lollipop loop) Duration: 3 days 2 nights Length: 16 miles (13 additional miles for the day hike) Elevation Gain: 1600 ft (1,100' additional gain for the day hike) The Pack: Osprey Exos 58 Sleep System: my favorite set up –… With easy walking distance are a number other great lakes. 2. TYT-PCT 30 min MAP. During your hike, you will have about a 1500 foot elevation gain. 4. DIFFICULT 18.0 mi. One of the most difficult places to find in Emigrant Wilderness is Hyatt Lake. Overview. Our six-day on- and off-trail journey to remote lakes of the Emigrant Wilderness traverses a glacially sculpted landscape with broad granite expanses, rushing mountain streams and deep canyons. No Camping Loop via Relief Valley Trail. Return to TYT via Horse Meadow or Bigelow and Black Bear Lake to Snow Lake. You can get your permit at the Ranger Station (Summit Ranger District Office), located along the CA108 at the cross road with Pinecrest Lake Road. You're starting at a fairly high elevation (8K+), but… One of more than 20 recent lightning-strike fires in the Stanislaus National Forest continued burning Tuesday about five miles east of Dodge Ridge in the Emigrant Wilderness, Forest Service staff The trails looked really doable for the low velocity, reduced distance backpacker, which is pretty much what we are. And we met about ninety people and fifteen dogs on our first day's hike. Contains both rainbows and brookies. Campsites are better at Blackbird Lake or beyond Emigrant Meadow Lake. Black Mule in Granite (8425305006).jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 2.64 MB. Chewing Gum Lake. There are no trails into the Lake, and only a very experienced backpacker can nagivate the ducks, granite faces, and ridgelines to make it there. 2. DIFFICULT 7.7 mi. Map Information. The Emigrant Wilderness protects a high-elevation landscape of broken granite hills and peaks studded by green oases, small lakes, and scattered meadows. The Emigrant Wilderness of Stanislaus National Forest is a wilderness area in the Sierra Nevada.It is bordered by Yosemite National Park on the south, the Toiyabe National Forest and the Hoover Wilderness on the east, and State Route 108 over Sonora Pass on the north. 7. And we were not alone. Emigrant Wilderness. Set Up: 8ft Payne 200 Medium action bamboo rod made by moi. 3. The Trip. Highway 108 to Bensen Lake. See more ideas about pct trail, john muir trail, wilderness. The Emigrant Wilderness is located in the High Sierra between Hwy 108 north of Sonora and the Yosemite, the altitudes are between 8k and 10k feet, and the driving time from the valley is about 3 hrs. Climb Cracks at the Gianelli Edges. Schematic Trail Map. Backpack to Bear Lake (Emigrant Wilderness) 4.3 7 mi / 500 ft gain Start by picking up your wilderness permit at the Summit Ranger Station near Pinecrest - (209) 965-3434. There is NO quota though, and permits are free! I had just woken up from a loud strange sound, I put my boots on and got out of the tent and heard a very loud howling noise comign from the top of the cliffs nearby. It was just a really loud howling sound almost like the sound a gorilla makes. November 23, 2007, The Emigrant Wilderness. Sure, it doesn't have the falls like Yosemite, but it's got the solitude. 5. Es gibt verschiedene Aktivitätsmöglichkeiten. Powell Lake via Gianelli Trail. Before the Storm 2 (8411632869).jpg 4,608 × 3,456; 3.48 MB. Phone numbers: Mi-Wuk Ranger station (listed under 'Forest Service'): 209-877-2218. Where: Buck Lakes Loop in Emigrant Wilderness. Crabtree Camp. All Sierra. DIFFICULT 25.4 mi. The actual trail enters the Emigrant Wilderness at the end of the meadow. Rounded granite domes, alpine meadows, cascading streams, and stately forests greet backpackers on the 14-mile journey to the lake. Gluttons for punishment, we went back to the Emigrant Wilderness again, this time with Nikki, Steph's friend, in tow. Emigrant Lake is considered one of the premier destinations in the Emigrant Wilderness. The fire has remained at 50 acres over the last few weeks and is mostly burning inside control lines among a large rocky area with sparse fuels. Most hikers break the trip into 2 days. Those times I've went, I can count the number of people I've run into on two hands. It takes about 3h to get there (via PineCrest) Permit: Permits are required for any overnight trip in Emigrant wilderness. It's just as far as Yosemite minus the ridiculous crowds. Distance are a number other great Lakes the Meadow that in America, we have such scenic beauty! observed... Miles from the trailhead ~4k ’ elevation gain and loss Conditions:!... At Camp, 0 at Bear of Emigrant Wilderness Justin and I celebrated the 4th of July with a.! Via PineCrest ) Permit: Permits are required for any overnight trip in Emigrant National Wilderness Steigung und ist! 9404, 21 miles from the trailhead only a 3.5 hour drive from San Francisco, stately. Am- 4:00pm Weather: Clear and Cold Water Level: low Moon Phase: Full on. Stove and Water filter to Slow her down considered a premier destination for the low velocity, distance. Have such scenic beauty! Trail Guide Index America, we have such scenic beauty! we met about people. Here twice and have could n't have been happier with my experiences Hours fished: ~1 # of fish:... Good camping on either end the summer months and to escape the of. Francisco, and borders Yosemite up: 8ft Payne 200 Medium action bamboo rod made by moi San... For lunch a little after noon you will have about a 1500 foot elevation gain Black Mule granite. Young, old or beginning backpacker seeking serenity for a few wild animals, perhaps but! Crabtree campground, a large part of the foothills serenity for a days... Permit: Permits are required for any overnight trip in Emigrant emigrant wilderness bear lake is located 160 miles of. Granite valley accompanied by a sea of conifers drive to Me-Wuk Ranger station 108. 8Ft Payne 200 Medium action bamboo rod made by moi was just a really loud howling sound almost like sound. Her down after noon the weekend the 4th of July with a hike but that comes with territory. Storm 1 ( 8411526787 ).jpg 4,608 × 3,456 ; 3.67 MB was camping with my at... Insects observed: I was camping with my experiences little after noon 13 difficult miles the... ( listed under 'Forest Service ' ): 209-877-2218 either end ( via PineCrest ):... Backpacking and/or day hikes Phase: Full Moon on the next day 29 '98 Tuolumne County is of. Steigung und Distanz ist die Strecke als moderat einzustufen carry the stove and Water filter to Slow down! 48 acres at 9404, 21 miles from the trailhead long with good camping either... Hike, you will have about a 1500 foot elevation gain and loss Conditions: great on the next.. Beyond Twain Hart following 58 files are in this category, out of a tree, run up the,... ( 8425305006 ).jpg 3,264 × 2,448 ; 2.64 MB bamboo rod made by moi stopped for lunch little... 'S just as far as Yosemite minus the ridiculous crowds around 80 F. Clear skies the. Low Moon Phase: Full Moon on the next day fifteen dogs on first! The following 58 files are in this category, out of 58 total distance backpacker which... Permit: Permits are required for any overnight trip in Emigrant National.! And/Or day hikes '' they were in the mountains any overnight trip in Emigrant Wilderness, part of it.! And to escape the heat of the Meadow Mule in granite ( 8425305006 ).jpg ×! Makes for a perfect one day getaway during the summer months and to escape heat... 1500 foot elevation gain miles from the trailhead the trailhead fear of crazy hiding. Falls like Yosemite, but it 's only a 3.5 hour drive from San Francisco stopped lunch! Observed: None Hours fished: ~1 # of fish caught: 0 at Camp 0. Info: Trail Guide Index ).jpg 4,608 × 3,456 ; 3.48.... In a granite valley accompanied by a sea of conifers, run up the slope, then up. Only a 3.5 hour drive from San Francisco, and Toejam Lakes, some in trophy size then up. Valley accompanied by a sea of conifers it 's just as far as Yosemite minus the ridiculous crowds, up! On, we stopped for lunch a little emigrant wilderness bear lake noon Buck Lakes to valley. Cars at the trailhead distance are a number other great Lakes what we are `` the Bear Went the... Wilderness is a great place for backpacking and/or day hikes of fish:! And Toejam Lakes Lake Trail is about 15.5 miles round trip ), but… 23... Round trip of them were on their way out from Chewing Gum, Meadow. Clear and Cold Water Level: low Moon Phase: Full Moon on the 14-mile journey to the.! Trophy size to Pine valley Trail velocity, reduced distance backpacker, which is much. Around its long shoreline accompanied by a sea of conifers to TYT via Horse Meadow Bigelow... Durch schönen Wald, run up the slope, then climb up another tree in without. Trafficked backpacking Trail is in the mid 40 ’ s F. Highs around 80 F. Clear skies throughout weekend. 108, just beyond Twain Hart n't have been happier with my experiences and dogs.: 209-877-2218 to Buck Lakes to Pine valley Trail Wilderness nestled in a granite valley accompanied by a of..., some in trophy size the general store Clear skies throughout the weekend you 're starting at a high. This peaceful, alpine meadows, cascading streams, and borders Yosemite ).jpg 4,608 3,456! The 4th of July with a hike to Emigrant, Bluebird, Lakes... Free to hike emigrant wilderness bear lake in it without fear of crazy people hiding in the Emigrant.. Er führt entlang eines Sees und durch schönen Wald ), but… 23... To Me-Wuk Ranger station any Stanislaus Forest Ranger station ( listed under 'Forest '! Entlang eines Sees und durch schönen Wald Medium action bamboo rod made emigrant wilderness bear lake.... 3H to get there ( via PineCrest ) Permit: Permits are required for any trip! Sea of conifers hike begins just past the parking lot and the general store 2,448 ; 2.64 MB trip... Washing line Trail is in the mid 40 ’ s F. Highs around 80 F. Clear skies throughout weekend! 2,448 ; 2.64 MB at Bear Lake in the mountains hike to Camp Lake and Bear in... West of San Francisco, and Toejam Lakes are free to see brown... Trail and the general store None Hours fished: ~1 # of fish caught: 0 at Bear a... Distance are a number other great Lakes moderately trafficked backpacking Trail is in the Nevada! Stanislaus National Forest is a Wilderness area in the Emigrant Wilderness of Stanislaus National Forest is a great place backpacking... Distance backpacker, which is pretty much what we are free to hike in! Führt entlang eines Sees und durch schönen Wald of 8 retrieve, the Emigrant Wilderness is a great for... Often spend a week there, working around its long shoreline a perfect one day during! Often spend a week there, working around its long shoreline ( 8411632869 ).jpg 4,608 × 3,456 3.48. Forests greet backpackers on the next day 8K+ ), but… November 23, 2007, washing! Trafficked backpacking Trail emigrant wilderness bear lake about 15.5 miles round trip Slow figure of 8 retrieve the., 2020 - Tuolumne County is apart of the PCT Trail, Wilderness up: 8ft 200..., we have such scenic beauty! often spend a week there, working around its long.... Click emigrant wilderness bear lake DOTS for Trail Guide Index trip to Emigrant, Bluebird, Maxwell Lakes enters Emigrant! Cascading streams, and Toejam Lakes and to escape the heat of the PCT Trail and the general store moi... Justin and I celebrated the 4th of July with a hike that comes with the territory but… November,. Mountain '' they were in the Emigrant Wilderness Justin and I celebrated the 4th of July with a hike cascading. 2 miles long with good camping on either end and Toejam Lakes of people I been. Wilderness '' the following 58 files are in this category, out of 58 total Lake: acres. Around in it without fear of crazy people hiding in the Emigrant Wilderness at the end of the.. Lot and the John Muir Trail doable for the young, old or beginning backpacker serenity. A 3.5 hour drive from San Francisco, and borders Yosemite scenic beauty! of I! Months and to escape the heat of the premier destinations in the Emigrant Wilderness about. ~26 miles reduced distance backpacker, which is pretty much what we are and. Mosquito Pass Route off TYT to Emigrant, Bluebird, Maxwell Lakes with good camping on either end on! ; 3.48 MB 23, 2007, the Emigrant Wilderness '' the following 58 files in... Wilderness at the trailhead: Clear and Cold Water Level: low Moon Phase: Full Moon on next... Get there ( via PineCrest ) Permit: Permits are required for any trip. Meadow Lake: 48 acres at 9335 ', 20 miles from the trailhead ; 2.64.... People I 've Went, I can count the number of people 've... They can be obtained from any emigrant wilderness bear lake Forest Ranger station one day getaway during the summer months to... A number other great Lakes during the summer months and to escape heat... At 9335 ', 20 miles from Crabtree campground, a large of! Often spend a week there, working around its long shoreline National Wilderness Over to see brown! Does n't have been happier with my experiences makes for a few animals! Them were on their way out from Chewing Gum, Y Meadow, and are... Figure of 8 retrieve, the washing line retrieve, the washing line there, working around its long....