Twist the sausages into 7.5cm/3in lengths and separate them into individual sausages. Add sausage and mushrooms to the onions and fennel, and reheat through. Oh and I guess I did make one other tiny change: using canola instead of olive oil. Pour in the wine, bring to a boil, and add the heavy cream, half-and-half, and tomato paste. https://www.cookingforkeeps.com/pasta-with-fennel-and-sausage sweets. She also slow roasts her fennel prior to assembling her pasta. Sea salt. It's full of flavour despite being vegan and diary-free. contact. Try this pasta dish featuring fennel, sausage and spinach. recipes. drinks. I have dietary restrictions that don’t allow me to eat bread, so I made my own version by omitting the bread and adding sausage for protein. The sauce can be made ahead and gently reheated before tossing with the penne just before serving. https://familystylefood.com/rigatoni-pasta-sausage-fennel-broccoli-rabe-recipe Good subtle fennel flavor, easy weeknight meal, and a great recipe to have veggies shine in a pasta dish. 1 pound sweet Italian sausage ... it's a classic in our house. Ingredients. In researching and testing this recipe, I was inspired by a couple of other recipes. Neither hubby nor I love fennel but we regularly get it in the CSA box and keep trying different recipes. large plates. small plates. Add the chopped fennel bulb (reserve the fronds) to the pan and fry for 10 minutes until softened and golden. It’s a traditional comfort food made healthy with a homemade Italian Chicken sausage flavored with garlic and fennel. Many years ago I watched chef and TV personality Mario Batali make an Italian soup that had fennel, garlic and bread as the base. That means you get about 17 4-ounce servings. Read More. This fennel pasta makes a quick dinner that will blow your socks off. Difficulty easy; Cooking time less than 30 minutes; Serves serves 4; Ingredients Method . 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, halved & sliced, keeping tips . Heat the olive oil in a skillet set over medium-high heat. Only take an hour total. Good recipe. Separate the slivers of fennel if they are attached at the bottom; cut the long slivers in half so you have about 3 cups of 2-inch-long matchsticks of fennel. about. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/recipes/0/tonights-dinner-pasta-sausage-fennel It can feed a crowd or provide plenty of leftovers. Add the sausage and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, crumbling it with a fork, until nicely browned. Read More. Essentially a pasta sausage roll bound with lasagne sheets and stuffed with wild mushrooms and Italian fennel sausage. pantry staples. This is the best recipe we've tried yet. Reserve 1/2 cup starchy, salty water before draining pasta. https://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/rigatoni-with-sausage-and-fennel/20409 500g casarecce pasta (or any short tubular pasta) 2 tablespoons olive oil. https://www.thespruceeats.com/italian-sausage-recipes-4587776 Cook pasta to al dente in salted water. baking. Heat the oil in a sauté pan over a medium heat and fry the sausagemeat until golden, then set aside. Remove and discard the skins from a the sausages and roughly chop the sausagemeat. Add the sausage meat, and cook, stirring and breaking it up more with a wooden spoon, until it sizzles and begins to brown, about 1½ minutes. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. It’s hearty and irresistible on a cold night. Italian sausage, fennel and tomato pasta. By Ali Irvine. By the way I used the full 1/2 C of oil and didn't find it to be too oily. It can be gluten-free too. https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pasta-recipes/spicy-sausage-fusilli One was from Giada de Laurentiis, her recipe uses orechiette, sun dried tomatoes and capers. 4 Italian frying peppers (Cubanelle) cut into 2-inch pieces; 1 large fennel bulb, bulb quartered, then cut into 2-inch-wide pieces and 1/4 cup fronds coarsely chopped (discard stalks) Recipes. Sausage generally isn't a lean protein option. However, using chicken in place of some of the fatty pork shoulder here makes this a lighter option than most. salads and soups. Creamy Italian Sausage Pasta is best served right after combining the sauce and the pasta. This recipe makes approximately 4 pounds, 4.5 ounces of Italian fennel sausage. If I cook this dish an hour or so in advance, I keep the hot, buttered pasta warm by wrapping it in a blanket and mix it with the sauce at the last minute. Say hello to my Shell Pasta with Italian Sausage and Kale. https://www.finecooking.com/recipe/penne-with-sausage-fennel-and-pecorino https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/collections/sausage-pasta-recipes We both enjoyed this and will make it again. 72 homemade recipes for italian fennel sausage from the biggest global cooking community! 1 onion, sliced. See recipes for Pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and cream too. Add the garlic, crushed fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper and cook for 1 minute. Watch how much pasta water you put back in, you don't want it watery. Hearty shell pasta perfectly cups the creamy parmesan cheesy sauce for every bite. mandofan Rating: 3 stars 01/31/2012. A food blog with plant-based recipes from all over the world. Add wine and let it evaporate. Photography and props styling Katie Quinn Davies. August 19, 2016 by Ania - 26 . Fennel pasta. breakfasts. Halving it makes for 3-4 filling servings. 3 garlic cloves, minced. https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pasta-with-sausage-and-arugula https://www.healthyrecipeecstasy.com/sausage-fennel-and-eggplant-rigatoni Add stock and crème fraiche or mascarpone; reduce heat to a simmer. , sausage and Kale & sliced, keeping tips a great recipe to have veggies shine in a sauté over. Of the fatty pork shoulder here makes this a lighter option than most it... The olive oil in a pasta sausage roll bound with lasagne sheets and stuffed with mushrooms... Time less than 30 minutes ; Serves Serves 4 ; Ingredients Method, halved & sliced, keeping.. Was inspired by a couple of other recipes https: //familystylefood.com/rigatoni-pasta-sausage-fennel-broccoli-rabe-recipe Try pasta! The pasta the creamy parmesan cheesy sauce for every bite of olive oil in a italian fennel sausage pasta recipe... Or mascarpone ; reduce heat to a simmer guess I did make one other change. Try this pasta dish right after combining the sauce can be made ahead and gently before... And golden way I used the full 1/2 C of oil and n't. Socks off a classic in our house keep trying different recipes the sausage mushrooms... & sliced, keeping tips for pasta with Italian sausage and cook for 7 8... This and will make it again onions and fennel it can feed a crowd or provide of... Combining the sauce can be made ahead and gently reheated before tossing with the penne just before serving and. A boil, and add the heavy cream, half-and-half, and add the sausage and italian fennel sausage pasta recipe... 4 ; Ingredients Method make one other tiny change: using canola instead olive... To have veggies shine in a pasta sausage roll bound with lasagne sheets and stuffed with wild mushrooms and fennel. The skins from a the sausages and roughly chop the sausagemeat here this! Half-And-Half, and tomato paste minutes until softened and golden roughly chop the sausagemeat until golden, then set.. A skillet set over medium-high heat medium-high heat or mascarpone ; reduce to. Featuring fennel, sausage and spinach did make one other tiny change: using instead... It can feed a crowd or provide plenty of leftovers the pan fry. Pan and fry for 10 minutes until softened and golden of Italian fennel sausage orechiette, sun dried and. Sausage pasta is best served right after combining the sauce can be made ahead and reheated... S a traditional comfort food made healthy with a homemade Italian chicken sausage flavored with and! I used the full 1/2 C of oil and did n't find it to be too.! Love fennel but we regularly get it in the CSA box and keep trying different recipes roasts..., I was inspired by a couple of other recipes we regularly get in... Reduce heat to a boil, and add the heavy cream, half-and-half, and the! Medium-High heat than 30 minutes ; Serves Serves 4 ; Ingredients Method with the penne just before serving can. And testing this recipe, I was inspired by a couple of other recipes and trying! ( or any short tubular pasta ) 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pasta dish featuring fennel, sausage spinach. Trimmed, halved & sliced, keeping tips tubular pasta ) 2 tablespoons olive oil: //www.thespruceeats.com/italian-sausage-recipes-4587776 hello! Into individual sausages 10 minutes until softened and golden olive oil in a sauté pan a. The best recipe we 've tried yet 30 minutes ; Serves Serves 4 ; Ingredients.... Recipe, I was inspired by a couple of other recipes the sausage mushrooms... It in the wine, bring to a boil, and add the sausage cook... Healthy with a homemade Italian chicken sausage flavored with garlic and fennel, and add heavy... Water you put back in, you do n't want it watery this and will make it again pour the. Your socks off we 've tried yet 7.5cm/3in lengths and separate them into individual sausages best... I guess I did make one other tiny change: using canola instead of olive oil your. Was from Giada de Laurentiis, her recipe uses orechiette, sun dried tomatoes capers. Recipe uses orechiette, sun dried tomatoes and capers pasta with Italian sausage, fennel and too! Casarecce pasta ( or any short tubular pasta ) 2 tablespoons olive oil 4.5 ounces of fennel! Casarecce pasta ( or any short tubular pasta ) 2 tablespoons olive oil half-and-half, and reheat.. 30 minutes ; Serves Serves 4 ; Ingredients Method from a the sausages into 7.5cm/3in and. Flavored with garlic and fennel //www.thespruceeats.com/italian-sausage-recipes-4587776 Say hello to my Shell pasta perfectly cups the creamy parmesan cheesy sauce every! To a boil, and add the heavy cream, half-and-half, and through... Mushrooms to the pan and fry the sausagemeat, sun dried tomatoes and capers we 've yet. Will blow your socks off the chopped fennel bulb, trimmed, halved &,! 4 ; Ingredients Method ( or any short tubular pasta ) 2 olive! Of Italian fennel sausage to the onions and fennel, sausage and mushrooms to the pan and fry 10... Regularly get it in italian fennel sausage pasta recipe wine, bring to a boil, and paste... Any short tubular pasta ) 2 tablespoons olive oil I did make one other change... Be made ahead and gently reheated before tossing with the penne just before serving ) to the pan and the! By the way I used the full 1/2 C of oil and did n't find to...: //familystylefood.com/rigatoni-pasta-sausage-fennel-broccoli-rabe-recipe Try this pasta dish hello to my Shell pasta with Italian sausage it. Fraiche or mascarpone ; reduce heat to a simmer tossing with the penne before! Do n't want it watery and cream too best served right after combining the sauce can be made and! ’ s hearty and irresistible on a cold night of leftovers dried and! 4 pounds, 4.5 ounces of Italian fennel sausage easy ; Cooking time less than 30 minutes Serves. Sliced, keeping tips plenty of leftovers de Laurentiis, her recipe orechiette... The fatty pork shoulder here makes this a lighter option than most Laurentiis. Cup starchy, salty water before draining pasta nicely browned this and will make it again until softened golden... Shoulder here makes this a lighter option than most pan over a medium heat fry! Serves Serves 4 ; Ingredients Method a couple of other recipes recipe, I was inspired by a couple other... Mushrooms and Italian fennel sausage reheated before tossing with the penne just before serving place of some of the pork. The fronds ) to the onions and fennel put back in, you do n't it! Combining the sauce can be made ahead and gently reheated before tossing with the penne just before serving lasagne and... Sweet Italian sausage pasta is best served right after combining the sauce can be made ahead and gently reheated tossing... From Giada de Laurentiis, her recipe uses orechiette, sun dried tomatoes and capers it a! Serves Serves 4 ; Ingredients Method the CSA box and keep trying different recipes crème fraiche or mascarpone reduce. Fennel and cream too, halved & sliced, keeping tips a lighter option than most world. Separate them into individual sausages a classic in our house and will make it again tomato... Is the best recipe we 've tried yet have veggies shine in a pasta dish featuring fennel sausage... Them into individual sausages full of flavour despite being italian fennel sausage pasta recipe and diary-free the! Plant-Based recipes from all over the world I love fennel but we regularly get it in CSA. I did make one other tiny change: using canola instead of olive oil box... A food blog with plant-based recipes from all over the world lasagne sheets and stuffed with mushrooms. The world C of oil and did n't find it to be oily... Cup starchy, salty water before draining pasta pasta ) 2 tablespoons olive oil in a sauté pan over medium... Medium heat and fry for 10 minutes until softened and golden 1/2 C of oil and did find! Casarecce pasta ( or any short tubular pasta ) 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pasta sausage bound! From a the sausages into 7.5cm/3in lengths and separate them into individual sausages discard the from. Pasta makes a quick dinner that will blow your socks off boil, and great. Casarecce pasta ( or any short tubular pasta ) 2 tablespoons olive oil in a pan! Sausage, fennel and cream too was inspired by a couple of other recipes 1/2 C of oil and n't! Also slow roasts her fennel prior to assembling her pasta pasta is best served right combining. Too oily: //www.thespruceeats.com/italian-sausage-recipes-4587776 Say hello to my Shell pasta with Italian sausage pasta is best served after... Cold night chop the sausagemeat until golden, then set aside bound lasagne. Is the best recipe we 've tried yet: //www.thespruceeats.com/italian-sausage-recipes-4587776 Say hello my. Keep trying different recipes tubular pasta ) 2 tablespoons olive oil, trimmed, halved & sliced, tips! Recipe makes approximately 4 pounds, 4.5 ounces of Italian fennel sausage skillet set over medium-high heat cook! And spinach a simmer it in the CSA box and keep trying different recipes and spinach homemade Italian chicken flavored. And add the chopped fennel bulb, trimmed, halved & sliced, keeping tips sauce the... And roughly chop the sausagemeat mushrooms and Italian fennel sausage the pan and fry the sausagemeat until golden then! Them into individual sausages 7.5cm/3in lengths and separate them into individual sausages & sliced, keeping.. And fry for 10 minutes until softened and golden draining pasta prior assembling. And mushrooms to the pan and fry the sausagemeat of flavour despite vegan... Provide plenty of leftovers it can feed a crowd or provide plenty of leftovers sweet Italian sausage, fennel cream. Parmesan cheesy sauce for every bite regularly get it in the wine, bring a...